Thousands of sunflowers for U-pick and photo opportunities.
Closed for 2020. Will be back in June 2021!
Stay tuned to our Facebook Page for daily updates.
The patch is subject to change based on weather conditions and crop care.
How it works:
Important details. Please read fully.
5 stems for $10
Dozen – 12 stems for $20
Please note: Minimum purchase to enter the field is 5 stems. Immediate family members can share the flowers.
When you purchase a dozen sunflowers, $5 will go directly to:
- When you arrive, please park in the grass parking lot designated for U-Pick customers.
- Next, find a Fifer staff person for daily picking instructions.
- IMPORTANT! Bring-your-own shears and buckets. You must bring your own cutting shears for harvesting the sunflowers. The stems are thick, so garden shears are recommended. You cannot break the stems off with your hands. You will also need to bring your own 5-gallon bucket with a handle.
- How to cut – Cut the stems long (18-24 inches). You can always cut them shorter later at home. After cutting, place the flowers in your bucket. We will provide a garden hose with fresh water so you can keep your sunflowers fresh from our farm back to your home.
- Get the flowers home quickly – It’s important that you get your sunflowers home quickly to place in a vase or source of water to keep them fresh. Keep them in a cool room.
- How to keep fresh – It’s recommended that you make a fresh cut daily (a 45 degree angle cut) and replace the water in the vase daily.
- Tips: Wear comfortable shoes! Considerable walking is required to access the sunflower field. Bring a folding wagon for easy transport of your sunflowers buckets from the field to your vehicle. Sunscreen is also recommended.
For your safety: Follow all signage and directions from our staff. Please do not walk outside the sunflower field area. This is a working farm with equipment such as tractors, trucks and forklifts in operation. Please pay attention to the ‘do not enter’ signage for your safety and ours. Only go in areas of the sunflower field that are designated by the Fifer staff person.
- Photographers are welcome, but must purchase at least 1 dozen flowers to enter the sunflower field.
- No props of any kind are permitted.
- After hours photo shoots are not permitted. Our sunflower patch is open from 9am-6pm during our Country Store hours.
- All photographer clients must also purchase flowers to enter the sunflower field.
A Great Photo Opportunity 🌻
Fifer’s Farm Store is stocked with summer fruits and veggies, apple cider slushies, jams, local honey, apple cider donuts, kettle corn, fresh baked pies, unique specialty foods & more.
Important Notes & Tips
Wear Comfortable Shoes
Comfortable, closed toed shoes are recommended on the farm. Considerable walking is required to access the sunflower fields.
Most Areas Are Stroller Friendly, However...
Most areas are stroller friendly. We are a working farm with some unpaved, uneven walking surfaces.
Restrooms Are Available
Portable restrooms are available for customer use.
Sunscreen Is Recommended
Sunscreen is recommended. The sun can be sneaky, even during cloudy days.
Children Under 12
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Fifer’s is a non-smoking campus. This includes e-cigarettes. Thank you.
We love pets, however…unless you have a service animal, please leave your pets at home when visiting our farm. Food, children, and strange animals just don’t mix and Health Department regulations prohibit pets on our farm grounds. Thank you for your understanding.
***Please be aware that participation in all activities is entirely at your own risk.***
Other U-Pick Experiences coming up…
There’s fun for all ages! Enjoy the most of what the seasons have to offer.