U-Pick Sunflowers & Zinnias
U-Pick Sunflowers & Zinnias
Will return in 2023!
Stay tuned to our Facebook Page for daily updates.
U-Pick Zinnia flowers - June/July/Aug
U-Pick Sunflowers - July/Aug
Available Weekdays + Saturdays. (weather permitting) Closed Sundays.
Weather dependent - Check our Facebook page for daily morning updates.
DYK? All of our sunflowers are pollen-less and seedless. This hybrid sunflower variety is designed for ornamental & cut flower purposes.
10 blooms - $9.95 (minimum for 1-2 people to share)
20 blooms - $14.95 per family (minimum for immediate household family to share)
-Purchase minimums apply to anyone age 5+ and applicable to everyone entering the U-Pick Flower Patch.
-Yes, you can mix and match sunflowers & zinnias (when available).
***Professional photographers and their clients must all pay the minimum purchases, just like any visitor. Props/lighting, etc. are not allowed. We close entry at 5pm and everyone must exit by 6pm when we close the farm.***
How it works:
Important details. Please read fully.
- IMPORTANT! Bring-your-own shears and buckets. You must bring your own cutting shears for harvesting the flowers. The stems are thick, so garden shears are recommended. You cannot break the stems off with your hands. You will also need to bring your own 5-gallon bucket with a handle for sunflowers.
- How to cut sunflowers - Cut the stems long (18-24 inches). You can always cut them shorter later at home. After cutting, place the flowers in your bucket. We will provide a garden hose with fresh water so you can keep your sunflowers fresh from our farm back to your home.
- Get the flowers home quickly - It's important that you get your sunflowers home quickly to place in a vase or source of water to keep them fresh. Keep them in a cool room.
- How to keep fresh - It's recommended that you make a fresh cut daily (a 45 degree angle cut) and replace the water in the vase daily.
- Tips: Wear comfortable shoes! Considerable walking is required to access the sunflower field. Bring a folding wagon for easy transport of your sunflowers buckets from the field to your vehicle. Sunscreen is recommended. Stay hydrated.
- Professional photographers and their clients are welcome, but everyone must purchase flower minimums to enter the fields, whether picking flowers or not.
- No props of any kind are permitted.
- After hours photo shoots are not permitted.
How to Pick Sunflowers
How to Pick Zinnias
A Great Photo Opportunity 🌻
Fifer's Farm Store is stocked with summer fruits and veggies, apple cider slushies, jams, local honey, apple cider donuts, kettle corn, fresh baked pies, unique specialty foods & more.
Important Notes & Tips
Wear Comfortable Shoes
Comfortable, closed toed shoes are recommended on the farm. Considerable walking is required to access the sunflower fields.
Most Areas Are Stroller Friendly, However...
Most areas are stroller friendly. We are a working farm with some unpaved, uneven walking surfaces.
Restrooms Are Available
Portable restrooms are available for customer use.
Sunscreen Is Recommended
Sunscreen is recommended. The sun can be sneaky, even during cloudy days.
Children Under 12
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Fifer’s is a non-smoking campus. This includes e-cigarettes. Thank you.
We love pets, however…unless you have a service animal, please leave your pets at home when visiting our farm. Food Safety regulations prohibit pets on our farm grounds. Thank you for your understanding.
***Please be aware that participation in all activities is entirely at your own risk.***