Fifer's Farm Store
Our Farm Store is located just west of Dover, Delaware and provides a unique farm market shopping experience. Our staff is committed to high quality fruits and vegetables and remarkable customer service. The Farm Store is open from April-December each year and features a constantly changing mix of seasonal, local and homegrown fruits and vegetables.
- Hand-dipped ice cream - Delaware-made ice cream!
Featuring our famous Fifer peach ice cream locally made at Vanderwende Farm Creamery Ice Cream in Greenwood, DE
- Locally roasted coffee - Rise Up Coffee Roasters (Easton, MD)
- Fresh roasted and cinnamon-glazed nuts - Almonds and Pecans made fresh daily
Order Fresh Eats from our Farm Store Kitchen!
Lunch 11AM - 2PM
- Local milk in glass bottles - Featuring Homestead Creamery milk products
- Local meats and cheeses - Grass-fed beef, all-natural ground turkey and turkey sausage, free-range brown eggs, cheeses, sausage, bacon and more. Fresh turkeys are also available at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Unique Specialty Foods - Apple butter, local honey, salsas, dips, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dressings, BBQ supplies, jams, jellies, bulk foods and more
- Gift baskets - Unique, Delaware-crafted gifts for any occasion.
- U-Pick - Pick-your-own crops are available throughout the season.
- Festivals and Events - The Farm Store hosts many seasonal events throughout the year.
- Eating honey that is local to your area may help to prevent seasonal allergies
- Bees use the pollen from local plants and eventually it ends up in your honey
- The honey in our store was made from bees that pollinate our strawberries, apple, pumpkins and other crops and flowers
- Honey is considered the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life
- Honey is antibacterial – great for both internal or external problems
- Honey soothes tissues and helps to retain calcium in the body
- To make 1 lb. of honey worker bees will travel about 50,000 miles and visit 2 million flowers
Fifer Orchards offers a wide variety of fruits and vegetables that you just won't find at the grocery store. We like to feature heirloom and heritage varieities that are grown for flavor and eating qualities. We offer over 20 different heirloom tomatoes, 29 different varieties of apples and 36 varieties of peaches each with unique characteristics.
Whether you’re eating, cooking, freezing, canning, or baking, our staff will be glad to assist you in finding the best variety to suit your needs.
Make sure to check out our delicious bakery items when you visit our Farm Store. Our bake staff is up early in the morning working extremely hard to prepare the highest quality pies, muffins, pastries, and our famous apple cider donuts. The fruit pie selections change with the seasons.
Our honey is as local as it gets. Bees use our crops to gather pollen and produce honey right here on our farm. This all-natural process is fascinating and tasty at the same time.
Local Honey Notes: