Our Farm and Country Store is located just west of Dover, Delaware and provides a unique farm market shopping experience. Our staff is committed to high quality fruits and vegetables and remarkable customer service. The Country Store is open from April-December each year and features a constantly changing mix of seasonal, homegrown fruits and vegetables.
The Country Store also features:
- Bakery – Featuring apple cider doughnuts, pies, breads, scones, muffins, whoopie pies, pumpkin rolls and more
- Hand-dipped ice cream – Featuring our famous Fifer peach ice cream locally made at Woodside Creamery in Hockessin, DE
- Locally roasted coffee – Fresh from Indian River Espresso Company – Millsboro, DE and The Young Bean – Clayton, DE
- Fresh roasted and cinnamon-glazed nuts – Almonds, Cashews and Pecans
- Local milk in glass bottles – Featuring Kilby Cream dairy grass-fed milk
- Local meats and cheeses – Grass-fed beef, all-natural ground turkey and turkey sausage, free-range eggs, Chapel Creamery cheeses, whole chickens, sausages, bacon and more. Fresh turkeys are also available at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Unique Specialty Foods – Apple butter, local honey, salsas, dips, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dressings, BBQ supplies, jams, jellies, bulk foods and more
- Gift baskets – Unique, Delaware-crafted gifts for any occasion.
- U-Pick – Pick-your-own crops are available throughout the season.
A visit to Fifer’s Country Store is an experience! You can see, smell and touch an active family farm in action every day. You’ll enjoy watching fruit trees and strawberries blooming in spring, fresh peaches coming up on wagons during the summer, apples and pumpkins wagons in the fall. Bring the whole family and enjoy one of our famous Fifer peach ice cream cones under the shade of our historic English walnut tree and see first-hand where your food is coming from.
It’s fun to celebrate the seasons! Join us for our festivals and events throughout the year.
Our CSA program is a fun and unique way to enjoy a direct partnership with the farm. Learn more about CSA
Fifer Orchards offers a wide variety of fruits and vegetables that you just won’t find at the grocery store. We like to feature heirloom and heritage varieities that are grown for flavor and eating qualities. We offer over 20 different heirloom tomatoes, 29 different varieties of apples and 36 varieties of peaches each with unique characteristics.
Whether you’re eating, cooking, freezing, canning, or baking, our staff will be glad to assist you in finding the best variety to suit your needs.
Pre-orders are available upon request. Thanksgiving and Christmas pre-orders are especially recommended.
Treasure hunt in grandma’s pantry for unique specialty foods. Gourmet jams, jellies, apple butter, pumpkin butter, dressing, dips and more. You’ll find a wide range of BBQ sauces, rubs and even apple wood (from our farm) for grilling.
Our honey is as local as it gets. Bees use our crops to gather pollen and produce honey right here on our farm. This all-natural process is fascinating and tasty at the same time.
Local Honey Notes:
- Eating honey that is local to your area may help to prevent seasonal allergies
- Bees use the pollen from local plants and eventually it ends up in your honey
- The honey in our store was made from bees that pollinate our strawberries, apple, pumpkins and other crops and flowers
- Honey is considered the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life
- Honey is antibacterial – great for both internal or external problems
- Honey soothes tissues and helps to retain calcium in the body
- To make 1 lb. of honey worker bees will travel about 50,000 miles and visit 2 million flowers