Our Farm and Country Store is located just west of Dover, Delaware and provides a unique farm market shopping experience. The Fifer team members are committed to high quality fruits and vegetables and elite customer service. The Country Store is open from April-December each year and features and constantly changing mix of seasonal homegrown fruits and vegetables. It’s like a treasure hunt discovering what’s in-season and at peak flavor and freshness.
The Country Store also features:
- Bakery – Featuring apple cider doughnuts, fruit pies, breads, scones, muffins, whoopie pies, pumpkin rolls and more
- Hand-dipped ice cream – Featuring our famous Fifer Peach locally made at Woodside Creamery
- Locally roasted cofffee – Fresh from Indian River Espresso Company – Millsboro, DE
- Fresh roasted and cinnamon-glazed nuts – Almonds, Cashews and Pecans
- Local milk – Featuring Rehoboth Dairy grass-fed, non-homogenized milk
- Local meats and cheeses – Grass-fed beef (Cedar Run Farm), All-natural ground turkey and turkey sausage (TA Farms), free-range eggs, Chapel Creamery cheeses, ground bison, whole chickens, sausages, bacon and more. Fresh turkeys are also available at Thanksgiving and Christmas with pre-orders.
- Unique Specialty Foods – Apple butter, local honey, salsas, dips, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dressings, BBQ supplies, jams, jellies, bulk foods and more
- Gift baskets – Unique, Delaware-crafted gifts for any occasion.
- U-Pick – Pick-your-own crops are available throughout the season.
A visit to Fifer’s Country Store is an experience! You can see, smell and touch an active family farm in action every day. You’ll enjoy watching fruit trees and strawberries blooming in spring, fresh peaches coming up on wagons during the summer, apples and pumpkins wagons in the fall. Bring the whole family and enjoy one of our famous Fifer peach ice cream cones under the shade of our historic English walnut tree and see first-hand where your food is coming from.
It’s fun to celebrate the seasons! Join us for our festivals and events throughout the year.
Our CSA Club is a fun and unique way to enjoy a direct partnership with the farm. Learn more about CSA
Fifer Orchards offers a wide variety of fruits and vegetables that you just won’t find at the grocery store. We like to feature heirloom and heritage varieities that are grown for flavor and eating qualities. We offer over 20 different heirloom tomatoes, 29 different varieties of apples and 36 varieties of peaches each with unique characteristics.
Whether you’re eating, cooking, freezing, canning, or baking, our staff will be glad to assist you in finding the best variety to suit your needs.
Pre-orders are available upon request. Thanksgiving and Christmas pre-orders are especially recommended.
Treasure hunt in grandma’s pantry for unique specialty foods. Gourmet jams, jellies, apple butter, pumpkin butter, dressing, dips and more. You’ll find a wide range of BBQ sauces, rubs and even apple wood (from our farm) for grilling.
Our honey is as local as it gets. Bees use our crops to gather pollen and produce honey right here on our farm. This all-natural process is fascinating and tasty at the same time.
Local Honey Notes:
- Eating honey that is local to your area may help to prevent seasonal allergies
- Bees use the pollen from local plants and eventually it ends up in your honey
- The honey in our store was made from bees that pollinate our strawberries, apple, pumpkins and other crops and flowers
- Honey is considered the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life
- Honey is antibacterial – great for both internal or external problems
- Honey soothes tissues and helps to retain calcium in the body
- To make 1 lb. of honey worker bees will travel about 50,000 miles and visit 2 million flowers