May 18th - 10am-4pm
Free Live Music
On the Stage:
10am-11am – John Sell – Acoutstic guitar
11am-3pm – George and Ossi – Americana/upbeat festival music
11am-1pm – Miss Jackie (children’s music and books by the petting zoo)
Note: Tickets $1 each at Ticket Booth
- Hayrides around the farm – 3 tickets (or max 10 tickets per family up to 6 people)
- Barrel Train rides – 2 tickets
- Pony rides – (Outside vendor – 3 tickets or $3 cash)
- Petting zoo - (Outside vendor – 1 ticket or $1 cash)
- Face Painting – Free (donations accepted for local 4-H Club)
- Rock climbing wall and Bungee jump - (Outside vendor – 5 tickets or $5 cash)
- Caterpillar obstacle course/slide – (Outside vendor – 2 tickets or $2 cash)
- Meat Mechanics BBQ (Dover, DE) – Pulled pork with strawberry BBQ sauce, chicken, sausage
- Nage Restaurant (Rehoboth Beach, DE) – Crab cake sandwiches with strawberry relish, turkey wraps, and strawberry iced tea
- Abbott’s Grill (Milford, DE) – Strawberry shortcakes
- C-W Lions Club Grille – Hamburgers, hot dogs, strawberry funnel cakes
- Little Richards (Dover, DE) - Strawberry Crepes, waffle & ice cream sandwich/sundae, strawberry cotton candy, sno cones
- Delmarva Popcorn and Nut Co. (Lewes, DE) – Kettle -Korn and Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Smoothies
- Hand-dipped Strawberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Dominion Root Beer and Ginger Ale (Dover, DE)
- Artwork by Jenny (Dover, DE)
- Mainstay Publishing – Local children’s book author
- Haas’ family butcher shop – Dover, DE
- Gage Family Honey (Middletown, DE)
- S&S Apiaries (Dover, DE)
- Master Gardeners
- Delaware Department of Agriculture – Plant and Forest Outreach – Educational Insect Displays
Please Note: Fifer strawberry season has begun! We picked our first berries of the season on May 14, however, this is about 3 weeks behind normal due to the cold spring weather. We will have plenty of red, sweet pre-picked strawberries ready for sale at the Strawberry Festival. Our U-Pick patch will open for the season at the end of May this year due to the cold spring.
Strawberry Recipe Contest
Please submit recipe entries by 11am the day of the festival at the cash registers inside the Country Store.
Awards given for most delicious and creative Fifer strawberry recipe.
Judging will be done by the Nage Restaurant Chefs.
- 1st Prize- $30 Fifer Gift Certificate + Fifer apron
- 2nd Prize – $20 Fifer Gift Certificate + Fifer apron
- 3rd Prize – Fifer Apron
Local-Fresh Spring Fruits and Vegetables
Fifer’s Country Store is stocked with scallions, spinach, radishes, spring lettuce, asparagus, tomatoes, herbs, beautiful flowers, fresh baked pies, our famous apple cider doughnuts, jams, local honey, unique specialty foods, and of course fresh STRAWBERRIES! (please note… all ice cream will be dipped at an outside tent during the festival)
Please look for direction from the Boy Scout parking attendants when you arrive. The normal store parking lot will be closed for the day to accommodate the barrel train rides. Parking will be on the grass lots. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
We love pets, however…Unless you have a service animal, please leave your pets at home when attending our festivals, experiencing our U-Pick crops and shopping at our Country Store. Food, children, and strange animals just don’t mix and Health Department Regulations prohibit pets on our farm grounds. Thank you for your understanding.