Peach Ice Cream Day
Peach Ice Cream Day (Customer Appreciation Day)
August 2, 2014
There’s a good reason the official Delaware state flower is the peach blossom and the official state dessert is the peach pie. Peaches in Delaware have a proud history. In the mid 1800′s Delaware was the top peach producing state! During this era, the peach canning industry was vital to the central Delaware economy. Fifer Orchards is proud to continue the legacy of harvesting fresh Delaware peaches.
You’ll find Americana at it’s finest at Fifer’s Peach Ice Cream Day.
(Note: The Town of Wyoming hosts their Peach Festival on the same day, however, these are two separate events)
Free Live Music
On the Stage:
10:00am-1:00pm – Free Range (Bluegrass)
1pm – Peach Queen and Princess Crowning Ceremony- (Registration at the Country Store)
1:45pm-3:15pm - John Sell (acoustic guitar)
Note: Tickets $1 each at the Ticket Booth
- Hayrides around the farm – 3 tickets (or max 10 tickets per family up to 6 people)
- Barrel Train rides – 2 tickets
- Pony rides – (Outside vendor – 3 tickets or $3 cash)
- Petting zoo - (Outside vendor – 1 ticket or $1 cash)
- Face Painting – (Outside vendors cash only)
- Rock climbing wall and Bungee jump - (Outside vendor – 5 tickets or $5 cash)
- Caterpillar obstacle course/slide – (Outside vendor – 2 tickets or $2 cash)
- Meat Mechanics BBQ (Dover, DE) – Pulled pork, BBQ chicken
- Nage Restaurant (Rehoboth Beach, DE) – Crabcake Sandwich with Peach Jam, Peach, Arugula, Red Onion, and Pecan Salad, Fresh Peach Sweet Tea
- Abbott’s Grill (Milford, DE) – Peach BBQ Chicken, Peach & Corn Chili, Peach Gazpacho, Pork Tacos with Peach Salsa, Watermelon Lemonade
- C-W Lions Club Grille - Hamburgers, hot dogs, boardwalk fries
- Little Richards (Dover, DE) - Peach Crepes, waffle & ice cream sandwich/sundae, cotton candy, sno cones
- Delmarva Popcorn and Nut Co. (Lewes, DE) – Kettle -Korn and Lemonade
- Frankfurt Bakery (Dover, DE) – Peaches and Cream cupcakes
- Haas’ Family Butcher Shop (Dover, DE) – Breakfast and lunch sandwiches
- Tre Sorelle Dolce (Wyoming, DE) – Cool peach treats (ices, sorbet)
- Apple Cider Doughnuts
- Fresh Baked Peach Pies
- Fifer peach ice cream cone (with donation of any amount to the local 4-H/FFA). All donations go 100% to those groups!
- Dominion Root Beer and Ginger Ale (Dover, DE)
- Artwork by Jenny (Dover, DE)
- Gage Family Honey (Middletown, DE)
- Master Gardeners (Dover, DE)
- Maiale Sausages (Middletown, DE)
- Tammy’s Pickles (Harrington, DE)
- Moore’s Sauces (MD)
- Tatanka Hot Sauce (Camden, DE)
- Esh Foods – Blueberry Lemon Rolls
- Freakin’ Fresh Salsa (Hockessin, DE)
- Backyard Jams and Jellies (Milton, DE)
- Waggies by Maggie (Newark, DE)
- Sugar and Spice Dips (Dover, DE)
- Maui Wowi Smoothies (Felton, DE)
- Delaware Department of Agriculture – educational display
- University of Delaware Cooperative Extension
The Country Store will be stocked with all your favorites including Fifer peaches, sweet corn, cantaloupes, tomatoes, summer veggies, jams and jellies, bakery items and more.
Please look for direction from the parking attendants when you arrive. The normal store parking lot will be closed for the day to accommodate the barrel train rides. Parking will be on the grass lots. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
We love pets, however…Unless you have a service animal, please leave your pets at home when attending our festivals, experiencing our U-Pick crops and shopping at our Country Store. Food, children, and strange animals just don’t mix and Food Safety Regulations prohibit pets on our farm grounds. Thank you for your understanding.
The Town of Wyoming Peach Festival takes place on the same day (Aug 3), but it is a separate event and is not affiliated with Fifer Orchards.
Please direct all questions about the Town of Wyoming Peach Festival to 302-697-2966. Thank you.